Golden Blood Pack
Hello and welcome to The Golden Bloods. We are a wolf role play site for all level of role players. You do not have to have a wolf quest account to join and if you don't please post a bio on the bio section or pm me, your admin HiddenFaith. Thank you and hope you enjoy the site!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Golden Blood Pack
Hello and welcome to The Golden Bloods. We are a wolf role play site for all level of role players. You do not have to have a wolf quest account to join and if you don't please post a bio on the bio section or pm me, your admin HiddenFaith. Thank you and hope you enjoy the site!
Golden Blood Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Wow Guys...
Breathing New Life EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 10:51 pm by Me

» The New Echo's Bio
Breathing New Life EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 6:31 am by Echo Dreamer

» Steven Universe? Let's pitch some ideas
Breathing New Life EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 9:33 pm by Me

» MIGHT AS WELL
Breathing New Life EmptyMon Nov 21, 2016 8:28 pm by Me

» Dfx Audio Enhancer 11.015 Key Free Download
Breathing New Life EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 9:53 pm by Me

» Long-arse hiatus much?
Breathing New Life EmptySat Oct 10, 2015 5:16 pm by Me

» Breathing New Life
Breathing New Life EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 8:03 pm by Me

» Rebirth on Poilim
Breathing New Life EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 7:56 pm by Me

» Alternative City
Breathing New Life EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 7:53 pm by Me

Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 63 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:04 am
Visitor Counter
Web Counter
Web Counter

Breathing New Life

+7
LupusWolfe207
Newone8
Demon
Dark Heart
Me
Lunar
HiddenFaith
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Breathing New Life Empty Breathing New Life

Post  HiddenFaith Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 am

Obviously this site has hit another slump, one of the problems of having so few members and countless original roleplays instead of entirely being a fanRP site like a warriors one. So, here is the deal, as the admin of this site I like to see this place alive and running, I actually LIKE having to scour through pages of forum text to catch up! So I want to know what you all want us to do. We're actually kinda split in our membership in location, Japan and America (that I'm aware of) that makes this kind of difficult for a nice flow of roleplaying. Touch and go you might say. I propose chatting up the site to your friends, in chatboxes (if you go there) just about anywhere you can that you are comfortable with doing it. Also, I ask for improved activity all around, I myself will do my best to keep active not just in games though but in actual roleplays. I'd hate to see a site like this wither and die. You're all great people, but there needs to be a reason to come here. If you think we need fresh roleplays that people can easily get into, the post them! If you think we need a contest of some sort, post it! Just about anything would help us at this point, so don't be afraid!
HiddenFaith
HiddenFaith
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Breathing New Life Empty Re: Breathing New Life

Post  Lunar Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:21 pm

I personally think we should go through and remove any inactive threads, as in the ones that haven't been used for over 3 months. Then we could have a poll somewhere for people to vote on new rp ideas.
Whichever ideas get at least 4 votes, we make. These votes could count as the people who would be interested in joining that specific rp. This could help prevent the site from being crowded with too many different threads that aren't really used all that often or used at all. And the more people that would join in on any specific rp, the more likely it is to remain active for a period of time.

Also, I think it could be fun to have a few contests. One could be for a new website banner, since the one we have is a bit old now. This could help bring some people back, and maybe even get new people to join?
We could also do a contest for perhaps a GoldenBloods pack song? I don't think we have a theme song for the pack as a whole yet.
OR, we could do a writing contest. Lol. I don't know what sort of writing contest, but why not? =P

We could also do little website "parties". A specific day of each week that everyone knows, where everyone can try to be on. Like Saturday. This way we could have have a close idea as to when others would be more likely to be on, so we can all talk in the chat and/or rp together for a while without having to wait a few days between each post?

Personally, I have become mostly inactive of a player because the wait can be so long for someone to reply. And if no one is online when I get on, I am usually less likely to stick around for very long.
There is also the issue of new players. People won't really be very encouraged to join when most of our threads are practically dead, and only 1 - or no players - have been online that day.
I think that if we can get at least 5 players to come together and try to work to keep this site active again, we could fix this. And maybe start getting new players again, too. Smile
Lunar
Lunar

http://www.meez.com/samiambigmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:31 pm

Wow. Lots of good ideas Umm... I'm trying to log in more frequently. It would be kind of cool to have our own song/chant? Planned things would be cool, and contests are usually fun.

I'll also try to use all of my characters, rather than mainly using three or four of them and just kind of leaving the others not doing anything. Also, I'm a horrible person and am seriously considering bringing Karabi, Loyalty, and that maned wolf character, whose name I still haven't decided on, into the roleplay.

Last edited by Halgamcazarkag on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me
Me

Back to top Go down

Post  HiddenFaith Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:41 pm

That does sound really good Lunar! I was thinking about doing a contest too but nothing right was coming to mind. You and I think week lock up all the old topics, especially the ones over a year old, and then we can go from there. A new banner does sound great, but I'm afraid that is something we can't do. Banner control is under the owner's control. Which means, yup, Artemis. :/
HiddenFaith
HiddenFaith
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:01 am

I just thought of something that might be good? Maybe we could change the seasons on a regular-ish basis? It seems like either a season lasts about a week or a whole year, and I don't really like having very short and then very long seasons. And this might be going overboard, but maybe we could have, like... lists of seasonal weather and prey, maybe even ceremonies/gatherings in certain seasons for specific reasons (it would be kind of cool to show some sort of culture or something)? And it would be kind of cool if certain wolves were assigned to digging out the den to make more room for the pack aand stuff. I dunno. Maybe not. I get really weird ideas late at night. If you guys need an insane idea or a really bad plan, just contact me, I'm full of them!
Me
Me

Back to top Go down

Post  HiddenFaith Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:09 am

Actually that sounds really nice. Very good.
HiddenFaith
HiddenFaith
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Heart Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:59 am

(In the silliest voice I can muster)
I PROPOSE AN ART CONTEST OF SORTS, ONE IN WHICH WE DO ART THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Normal Voice)
But yeah, sorry for not being around, but yeah, things like that would be cool, I would totally love to do some art for this site and I'm actually working on a few pieces, which is going a lot faster with the fact that I have a drawing tablet.
Dark Heart
Dark Heart

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:23 am

I could try and most likely fail at an art contest. D: Maybe we could include literature??? Who's up for some fanfic? W00T!?
Me
Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Heart Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:29 am

YES! I'm a part of this other forum which does like webcomic things, and they take suggestions from people on what should happen next, they have a contest bi-annually where they all pick a suggestion on a plot and do a contest, I don't know why but that sounds kinda fun, maybe not a comic, but some short story or art thing.........I got very off topic in 3.5 seconds....SORRY
Dark Heart
Dark Heart

Back to top Go down

Post  HiddenFaith Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:30 am

That sounds actually really nice, the short story! Especially because we often just run out of plot in the main roleplay!
HiddenFaith
HiddenFaith
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Demon Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:55 am

RD and I have been talking and we both think there should be some kind of short summary in the middle of roleplays. Maybe ones written every five or ten pages. Speaking for us both, I personally don't like reading through 60 pages of roleplay just to catch up. Honors work has kinda prevented me from doing that :/. Not to mention I have a REALLY small attention spa...OH LOOK A BIRDIE!

So here's what I'm thinking: every five or ten pages on a roleplay, somebody be appointed to write a short summary (like a paragraph tops) to explain what happened in the last five to ten pages. That way, nobody has to look for the summaries and can get caught up on the storyline real easily.

Here's an example. Let's say the last five episodes of MLP (up to Somepony to Watch over Me) count as the last five pages of a roleplay. I think a summary should look like this: (SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THESE EPISODES)

Simple Ways-Somepony Watching over Me Summary:
I think that, if a lot happens in a roleplay in those five pages, that that's a good size of a paragraph. However, since probably not TOO much would happen in five pages, these paragraphs might be a little shorter.

Also, somebody PLEASE change the words below the banner that say "Golden BLood Pack" to "Golden Blood Pack." *gets down and begs* my OCD can't take it!
Demon
Demon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Heart Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:48 am

So I got bored and found some random generators for story setting and theme...if you want to look at them,
Theme: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=quicktheme
Setting: http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=quickstory
If we were to ever do a contest involving short stories, we could all get a setting from the one and a Theme from the other and then have to write a story based on them both, I have no idea what you would do to make it a contest though...
Dark Heart
Dark Heart

Back to top Go down

Post  HiddenFaith Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:48 am

Can't do anything about the Golden BLoods thing. Only site Owner can do that, aka Artemis.
These ideas will be taken into account however.
HiddenFaith
HiddenFaith
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:07 pm

I think it's sort of funny. A reminder of the good ol' days when we were just getting started and figuring everything out...
Me
Me

Back to top Go down

Post  HiddenFaith Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:06 pm

I suppose so for us, but our Japan users wouldn't see it as such.

Alright, so I'm hearing writing and or art contests, locking up of very old topics, summaries every so often (I'm thinking every ten pages more then five unless they were eventful five) and... anything else? Oh, advertise anywhere you feel comfortable and think you might get an audience!
HiddenFaith
HiddenFaith
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Newone8 Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:30 am

Japan users FTW!!!!!

And you know, I did try and make a song for us once... Hidden, you know how that turned out... =}
Oh, yeah, and D&RD, I think you're taking this a little bit too far. Staying in character is one thing, but this... is something else...
Newone8
Newone8

http://mythicelf101.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:44 pm

I second that.

Also, the seasons!? Please!
Me
Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Demon Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:04 am

Oi! Who says that this isn't just charcter? Maybe Rainbow Dash really does live with me.
Demon
Demon

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:11 am

I could believe it, but what would one of the best fliers in Equestria, also the element of (cough honesty cough) loyalty be doing at your house?
Me
Me

Back to top Go down

Post  Demon Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:12 am

LIVING WITH ME Razz
Demon
Demon

Back to top Go down

Post  Me Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:53 pm

It would be sweet if someone made at least a simple map of the territory, I guess. I could try, but it'll be crap and not very acurate. I am not a trained cartographer, and not a very good artist. And it's only gonna be a loose idea of how I think of the territory is put together. Feel free to make changes if I ever get it done.

(Psssst knowing me I doubt I'll ever even start this.)
Me
Me

Back to top Go down

Post  LupusWolfe207 Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:10 am

I'm liking a lot of your ideas everyone (by the way, I'm new -- just joined over the weekend, hi -- I'm from Japan, so yeah there's that time issue [what up, Japan users?!]). I agree that changing this site to be more interactive is a great thing and would motivate/urge/encourage many to join, maybe if we tell our friends or promote this site somehow, like a Facebook page that everyone can "Like" or something.

I, for one, love to draw, so I'm totally up for the art stuff, and I like writing too (though I find I don't write often). Also, I not exactly familiar with this site (I've noticed things like Wolf Bios, and from what I hear, you guys have territories -- I suggest that we could make the territories visual to better visualize/imagine how the landscape is) but I will try to be on during the weekends at least for a while, just to be on, and I do hope that this site will one day gain many new members and grow popular because its' a great site, and I feel like you all are great also and it'd be a shame if this website were to merely "wither away" as HiddenFaith said in the beginning.

nice to meetcha new friends Very Happy

Also, looking at the cover/website pic for Golden Bloods, it could use a little more "eye-candy," ya know? Something that'll make people think, "Whoa, this is cool.. I wonder what else is on here," to prevent "channel flipping" and "the surfing of the Internet."  tongue 
Not saying it sucks or anything, just looks a little bland (particularly the title font -- like the motto thought Smile ). It could be more like, BAM!!! I'm not good with words tonight, sorry.
LupusWolfe207
LupusWolfe207

Back to top Go down

Post  HiddenFaith Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Howdy Lupus, and it is nice to see another Japanese user here. The reason why there is such a large amount of American and Japanese members is because I am a military brat and was stationed overseas for a year. There, I recruited most of our Japanese stationed members. So, I gotta ask if you know any pre-existing members, because that would be pretty cool if you did. And in my opinion, even cooler if you didn't! Though, that might just be me.

To address the mention of beautifying the site, I'm afraid that certain aspects are restricted to the owner of the site, which would not be me. And ours isn't exactly, erm, around. Either way though, I shall look into how to alter the banner, and we can hold another contest to see what is to become the new site banner!
HiddenFaith
HiddenFaith
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HiddenFaith Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Demon wrote:
...Also, somebody PLEASE change the words below the banner that say "Golden BLood Pack" to "Golden Blood Pack." *gets down and begs* my OCD can't take it!

FIXED I FINALLY LEARNED HOW!
HiddenFaith
HiddenFaith
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DovaWolf Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:12 am

you guys have really good ideas, I'm a marine brat from Japan, like Lupus (we go to the same school actually) so the time difference makes it kind of difficult to get a good back and forth RP flow going, I think we need some default thing that our charters will do if we are not posting for a long period of time that wont completely exclude the character but wont hold up the RP to much, if your going on a trip and wont be able to post while your there i think its a good idea to let someone know st least or something like that.
I Don't know just some ideas
DovaWolf
DovaWolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next